Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Crossing the street


For the longest time I have been on the alert for possible picture oppotunities of the "crossing the street"-type. Think it is an expression of ultimate confidence and trust in the surroundings: crossing the street while not minding exactly that business, but the business of being in contanct with the guy at the other end.
Trust and confidence and a mobilephone. Gotta love that constellation.

I am planning the fieldwork for the comming months and was wondering if any of you have some good snapshots depicting the "otherplacely" aspect of mobilephone use. I mean; look at us talking away in public, navigating the everyday life (such as crossing the street), but not being entirely present. Here and there. In a hybrid space. Beautiful isn't it?

I have taken various pictures with my SE C902 mobilephone camera, of persons crossing the street while texting. I have included one below, but hopefully I will get a better one in the comming days.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment